FLASH can dramatically improve the clinical relevance of proton therapy for cancer patients worldwide. The development of FLASH irradiation is the next major innovation expected in radiotherapy.
IBA invests heavily in developing a new technique using the Bragg peak: ConformalFLASH®. IBA's strategy to move today's FLASH from research to a clinical version of ConformalFLASH® will consider radiobiology, clinical safety, and the future streamlined workflow of FLASH.
Want to learn more about ConformalFLASH®, watch the symposium.
- - treatment planning
- - 3D printing of the ConformalFLASH® energy modulator (CEM)
- - installation of the CEM in the Proteus® treatment machine
- - delivery and control of the high-intensity beam
- - quality assurance of the dose and dose rate using MyQAIon software
* ConformalFLASH® is a registered brand of the IBA’s Proton FLASH irradiation solution currently under the research and development phase. It will be available for sale when regulatory clearance is received.